Stone Life


"Signposts in a Strange Land"


After mentioning it yesterday, I found where the article "Bourbon" came from. It is found in the book "Signposts in a Strange Land", a collection of his short treatises. I was going to type it up for your reading pleasure, but luckily I also found a website that already had the text posted. So, if you are up for a great few minutes of reading, check it out.

On that note, though. I was surprised to talk with a couple of people yesterday who had never even heard of Walker Percy, much less have read him. That is really a shame! I am not the greatest proponent of American Literature, foreigners are just too good, but Walker Percy is genius. He is on the short-list of the great American authors among those literary minds that I would trust. I have most, if not all of his novels, and a few other works, so come and borrow one or two and give them a read. I assure you it would be well worth your time.

0 Responses to “"Signposts in a Strange Land"”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Stone Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.