Stone Life


Our New View


It is morning, I need to get on the road to church, but, as I have been reminded by the two or so people that still check this thing (b0th, consequently, share my DNA) that I have not posted since Father's Day. I checked...they are right. I am still not sure I have anything of substance to write, but I thought I would share a picture or two. Here's the view from our balcony this morning....it's a nice place to sit and type....it will be a sauna by 10 this morning.

This summer has been interesting, to say the least. Whereas last summer I fled the country, seeking asylum in the friendly confines of every Suude-Muenchen bar I could find...living the easy life...going to class a few hours a day and then watching Weltmeisterschaft (World Cup)
all night in one of the the many previously mentioned bars, this summer has been all about toil. I suppose it is good for the soul not to be a wanderer, even while on summer vacation (though I think another wandering soul who shares my DNA might disagree......I admit it, by the way, I have no idea if relatives really share DNA, but that cliche sounded good twice in this post).

June was devoted to the study of Deutsch. A new professor of German at UD let me sit in on the first month of an intensive German course in order for me to brush up and find that which I had lost in the last 12 months of little German study. It was a really good, really tough time. Not that most of it hasn't already been forgotten in the last 30 days, but hopefully enough to pass a written exam later has stuck.

I am going to be late for church, so I better go. I'll finish my "summer in review" later....tell your friends, it is what we have all been waiting for.

0 Responses to “Our New View”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Stone Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.