Stone Life


Prodigal Son

It is something like Paul (or was it Saul). The scales are falling from my eyes, and, though it seems like ages since I felt alive in this way, I think it is an awakening.

In thinking back over the past several months, I know some of my friends and family have either expressed to me or to those close to me (that's right, word travels) the fear that I was wavering in my faith, that I was losing my hope and peace. I have to be honest with the blogger-world (I believe I am up to 3 readers now....scoreboard!), I have been faithless these last few months, floundering in a sea of uncertainty and even standing on the precipice of despair at times. I have hoped that this was not permanent, that I would "wake up" at some point, disentangling myself from the thorny, confining vines that have choked my joy.

Let me be clear, triumphantly clear, my hope is renewed; my cup is overflowing with the promise of a future that can only come from one source.....the Mavs!

Julie and I took advantage of living practically next-door to the AAC and went to the Blue/White scrimmage last night, and I am once again ready to pledge my allegiance to the boys from D-town. Things just feel better when basketball season begins.....like a warm blanket or a good glass of wine.

0 Responses to “Prodigal Son”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Stone Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.