Stone Life


You Can't Make Me Work, Brain


I should be working; nay, I should be knee-deep in solving the perplexing issues contained in Goethe’s Faust or Nietzsche’s Human, All Too Human. I have the luxury of 7 days off, time which I have allotted for the strict formulation and hopeful completion of the term papers that will be due in the next 3-4 weeks. Here is the problem, I do not want to. I could not be less motivated at this moment to work hard. I have 400 pages left in a novel that I have to give a presentation over 7 days from now, and I have about 6 out of 35 or so pages of research-papers completed, but at this moment I could not care any less. I would rather sit here doing nothing, checking my email every 5 minutes than work hard.

This will pass. In fact, just the very venting of my frustrations has motivated me to begin my work anew. Here I go.

3 Responses to “You Can't Make Me Work, Brain”

  1. # Blogger Erin

    Are you working?  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Yuck!  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Ok, More power to you for actually taking a day off but my question is why on earth did you get up so stinking early if you weren't going to work?????  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Stone Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.