Stone Life


Sketch of My Weekend


It was a good weekend to be a Stone. Due to a hybrid of getting most of my studies done prior to the weekend and neglecting the other part of them, I was able to really enjoy myself for a few days.

1. I completed my Milton paper. This is the last paper that I am writing for the semester, and all I have left to do is email it to my professor tonight. What a relief!

2. I watched at least a part of all 8 eight NBA playoff games Saturday and Sunday. It was great! I get giddy with excitement about the playoffs like others get about March Madness, and so I set aside as much of my weekend as possible to watch the first round of games.

After Game 1 of each of the series, my predicted winners are not terribly different than they were a few days ago. I think that all of the higher seeds will advance except the Suns and Nuggets. The Clippers are on a mission to get out of the first round, and the Nuggets just didn't look as good as LA. The Suns should be scared, though. They played out of their minds, Kobe had a sub-par game by Kobe-standards, and they still only one by 5 points. I predict bad things for them.

3. My motorcycle was repaired and given back to me. It has not run well this entire year, but I finally paid to the money to get it worked on, and now it runs great. I even drove it to work this morning.

4. Probably the highlight of the weekend was Saturday night, though. With my good friend Leslie from Denton, I went to see one of my favorite artists of the last 5 or so years. Patty Griffin played a small show at the Ft. Worth Arts Festival, and it was awesome! She is a folk singer that is full of soul, and her best albums have always been those in which she strips it down to acoustic guitars that highlight her powerful vocals. She knows how to put on a show. She spent an hour and a half belting out her songs with only her guitar and one other guitarist to accompany her. It was a nice mix of blues, folk, and americana that couldn't have sounded better if it was played on one of her cd's in my stereo. She's the kind of artist whose songs all sound like classics. She completes the trifecta of good bands I've heard in the last few weeks.

That was my weekend.....I have to teach now.

2 Responses to “Sketch of My Weekend”

  1. # Blogger Erin

    Aha. That explains why your car is home. I almost came down to bring you a bowl of soup because I thought you were home sick.  

  2. # Blogger Jamie Butts

    I've been thinking about you guys at Christway today.. "slaving away" at your jobs. :) Yes.. it is good to be a teacher on days like that. We'll be looking for lots of posts. :)  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Stone Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.