Stone Life


World, Meet Preston. Preston, Meet World.

It is entirely possible that I am breaking some sort of new-parent-code by publishing photos without fatherly permission, but, after spending twenty or more minutes this morning trying to transport a photo from my phone to my computer, I do not care. I have invested too much time now.

Brian and Stephanie, mostly the latter, delivered their boy last night, and Julie and I were lucky enough to get there just before he was born. We hung out until the wee hours outside of the baby aquarium and were able to watch the battery of abuse that is inflicted upon unsuspecting babies in the hours after they are born (I was never so thankful that man's brilliance and the advancement of modern technology allows for a less archaic form of taking one's temperature...Question: do babies not also have mouths?) I felt at times like we were watching footage of abuse in concentration camps. Julie was informed of a new way that I never want to be woken up from a nap - could we not nudge them awake before stabbing them with needles?...that just seems mean spirited.

All in all, Brian was beaming, strangely happy and serene for a guy with a degree in Philosophy.

1 Responses to “World, Meet Preston. Preston, Meet World.”

  1. # Blogger Abbey

    Aww...Congrats Brian and Stephanie!  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Stone Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.