Stone Life


Beautiful Irony

When we moved into the city (I count Uptown as the suburbs) I counted on a quickened pace, stress and bustle, maybe even a little apprehension or something of the like. All in all, I imagined a change, and I was correct in my assessment....sort of. Surprisingly, the change that I personally have experienced his been the exact opposite of all of the things that I envisioned. I find that things are calmer, more serene in our new environment, and I credit this to one simple thing: driving less

Julie and I have both begun to use the DART rail system much, much more than we ever had before. She can take the train directly from home to her office, and so she has not driven her car in weeks, and I can park my car in Plano (I have found a secret garage that doesn't seem to check on such things) and only have to drive ten miles from the station to my school. This means on most days I get about an hour of time to read/study on the train while I ride the twenty or so miles into downtown, which has been really relaxing. The train is coming, so I have to go, but I thought I would share and advocate that if you have the chance, give it a shot.

0 Responses to “Beautiful Irony”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Stone Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.