Stone Life


Pop-Christianity at its Finest

I was terribly dismayed as I pulled into the parking lot this morning at my school. As most of you know, my school is run by an Evangelical Methodist Church (think ultra-conservative Baptist), and they have a huge glowing sign hanging out into the street that usually boasts those horrible quotes, like, "Think it's hot in Texas..." or , "Faith Depot: You can do it, we can help". On one hand it disturbs me, on the other, I get a kick out of it.

Today, though, they ripped off a great saying of St. Anselm's, and now I suppose that I must retire it from my repertoire. Pop Christianity, and anything written on a church-sign qualifies as such, has cheapened it. It's a shame.

So, for the last time I will repeat the great saying (though I never say it correctly),

"Preach the gospel always, and, if necessary, use words."

0 Responses to “Pop-Christianity at its Finest”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Stone Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.