Stone Life


Checkin' In

I thought this might be a good time for an official Stonelife-Update. Julie and I have the tendency to act like hermits, so for those of you who still claim us, this is probably a good way to tell you what is going on.

After a year at POPCS, we felt compelled for me to leave my job and focus exclusively on my own schooling. The time-restraint on a full-time teacher makes working full time on a post-graduate degree difficult at best with all of the meetings, paper-work, and general downtime where I am supposed to be doing "work" things while at that building. Although practically and financially it was not the wisest of decisions, we felt very strongly to move in that direction, so I quit my job with no prospects for employment apart from schooling. It was not two-weeks into summer that I received a call from POPCS that they had a part-time position that they opened up and would like me to fill. It was incredible timing. I have not agreed to do it yet, and we have not worked out the particulars with them yet, but it looks like the perfect blending of my two lives, teaching and studying, so we are excited about that. I also have lined up working with a tutoring agency starting in the fall, so who knows what that will entail.

Ever-consistent Julie has thrown me for a loop this summer as well. After debating for the better part of the last few months about changing apartments and jobs (her, not me), deciding that she loved where she worked and lived, she came and suggested looking at different apartments when our lease runs out at the end of the summer, and she wanted to explore options for working in a larger firm. It has been something of a whirlwind the last few weeks. She has interviewed with several large firms in Dallas, and she has had several offers made that she now has to choose between. On top of that, we decided to give true city-living a shot, and we are signing a lease with one of two highrises in downtown soon. We are making up our mind as to which one this weekend, but either will be in the heart of downtown, so that is exciting for us. We'll see.

I got all geared up to write this, but now that I started I am tiring out. This will have to suffice for now.

1 Responses to “Checkin' In”

  1. # Blogger Erin

    Thanks for the update. It was so good to see y'all last week. Miss you both-  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Stone Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.