Stone Life


30-Day Challenge

Are you ready, Blogworld? There is a better than zero chance that I will fail miserably at what I am going to try and do for the next month, but I am putting it out there nonetheless. I have been inconsistent at best with this whole blogging things, and I realize, much to my vanity's dismay, that I have been neglecting the only form of communication that I have with some friends and family. I also have recognized how much I enjoy other people's blogs, even when they only write a few lines of update. With these things in mind, I am committing to myself to blog, be it short or long, quality or drivel (I really know how to sell it, huh?) that I will blog everyday for the next month (by the way, this counts for today....even if I stop after this sentence).

I will get to the move, including pictures, very soon, but I will start with what is going on in the immediate moment. At this moment I am sitting in a place I was sure I never would again. I turned in my resignation, said my goodbyes and drove away from POPCS in May with dreams of a life devoted to my own academic pursuits apart from the cares of sixteen-year-olds, but, alas, here I sit behind the same desk (it's actually a different desk in a different room, but that does not sound nearly so romantic) preparing for another school year. A very nice part-time position was offered to me this summer that I could not pass up, and so I have been neck-deep in meetings and high school trivialities this week. Here is the funny thing, though. I remember hating much of these meetings last year, dreading each day of sitting and being bombarded with rules and procedures, but this year is entirely different. I am not sure if it is purely a matter of knowing my colleagues like old friends, or no longer being overwhelmed by the newness of the place, or maybe it is just a matter of not being tethered to a full-time position here, but I find this place quite enjoyable....even the boring meetings have been pleasant.

More to come later, but for now I need to do some of the work they are paying me for.

2 Responses to “30-Day Challenge”

  1. # Blogger Jamie Butts

    I'll read! Miss ya'll. Catch us up!  

  2. # Blogger Erin

    All right! I'm exicted. I look away for a day or so and all this happens. I will certainly be reading.  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Stone Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.